Thursday, November 13, 2008

Prayer Request

The following comes from James Lauderdale who is a friend of mine  serving in Ukraine with the EFCA Mission Reach Global.  James and I went to seminary together at TEDS.  James, his wife Julie and their two kids, Will & Katherine have been in Ukraine for about 14 years.  Please pray for them in the days ahead.

 

Hi friends,
Yesterday (Wednesday) I received a call from my sister in the US that my mother is not doing well and may die soon.  She has been in an Alzheimer’s assisted living facility for 6 years now and in the last few weeks has taken a turn for the worse.  I spent the day today (Thursday) taking care of some last minute things prior to leaving.  I fly out of Kiev tomorrow (Friday) morning at 6:45 am and will arrive in McAllen, TX at 5:30 pm Friday.  
I would love to have you pray for the following:

  • for my health – I have been fighting a cold since yesterday (good timing, huh?) and while I do not feel bad, I do not feel great either.
  • for flight connections – that I would not be delayed in getting back to the US (I fly pretty directly – Kiev to Amsterdam then Amsterdam to Houston)
  • for Julie, Will, and Katherine while I am gone
  • for wisdom in dealing with emotional issues which will likely come up

I will keep you posted how things go.  Right now, my plans are to depart back to Kiev out of Houston on November 29.
We cherish your prayers for us.
James

No comments: