Thursday, August 4, 2011

Update From Hope Rodrigues

Novo Demini
August 4th, 2011

Dear Members of the Loomis E-Free Church,

By now I imagine you've already received the update I asked mom to send out for me. João left last Thursday on a trip down river to Barcelos. He arrived around 10 o'clock Sunday morning. Hopefully he will be starting his journey back today. He's done this trip 2 other times and one time it took him 9 days back up river and the second time he was able to make it back in 6 days. He is planning on making it in 6 days if all goes well this time.

The boys and I are fine PTL!!! We sure miss him though. With the boys there is never a dull moment and hardly a minute goes by without them chattering away. I know it would be a lot harder for me if I was alone, even though they are a lot of work I love them for it. There is also one other missionary couple here with us.

Nathan is in Kindergarten and it has been fun teaching him. He is all excited to learn. Ryan has those days he wants to study and those he just wants to play so I just let him decide. He is only 3.

The work here is going well. We have a group of around 50 that confess their faith in Christ. We do know though that they still need a lot of teaching. Unfortunately our co-worker that was at a level for teaching moved down river to Barcelos. João has felt a big burden as it is now up to him to get to a level in the language to be able to teach. He is already at a good level but still lacks a little to be able to teach. The other missionary couple with us is responsible for maintenance and doesn't have to study the language. Pray that God will continue to encourage João's heart.

Please pray also for our Yanomami school here. The reason for João's trip to Barcelos was to talk to one of the government organizations that is responsible for the schools in our area. From a quick e-mail I received from him, after he arrived in Barcelos, I'm not sure how it all worked out.

Plans are for us to stay in the tribe until the 20th of September. Then we will be flying out to Boa Vista to get everything ready for the baby. My due date is the 4th of October.

Thank you so much for your prayers and financial support of our ministry!

Because of Jesus, João, Hope, Nathan, Ryan & Baby

No comments: